I guess I should squeeze one more entry into the month of May and let you all know what I'm up to. Since my last entry, several things have happened.
1. Classes have started and I am now officially going to school in the summer for the first time. Ever.
2. I have gotten to see many new surgeries including: thyroidectomy, laparoscopic bilateral inguinal hernia repair, and two tubal ligations.
3. I have come to the realization that the corporate behemoth that is Wal-Mart has somehow attached itself permanently to my debit card and leeches money from me like a parasite. Some may argue that this is a symbiotic relationship citing the fact that, in exchange for this drain of my bank account, I am rewarded with various items such as sunscreen, hangers and cinnamon applesauce. I, however, firmly deny such allegations and claim no responsibility for the fact that every time I go into the store, I leave at least $50 poorer than when I entered. I am searching for other, less guilt-inducing explanations.
4. Another very odd realization - my best friend of 14 years will be getting married in less than two weeks. It's entirely too strange to think that my Aunnee, the girl who, at the age of 9 made me dress up in an ill-fitting yellow satin gown (representing the moon ... obviously) and sing "Under the Willows" for her parents while she sat, draped by a white sheet (representing a cloud ... again, so obvious), playing the accompaniment.
5. And some very happy news - I get to be a bridesmaid in my friend Jen's wedding next June. Hooray!
And those are my developments thus far. In a week and a half I finally get to go home - it's been six months and I can't wait to see everyone again. Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment