Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Currently Watching: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Ok ok, I'm posting, I'm posting! (picture me standing with hands raised protectively in front of me fending off the evil eye being sent me across the Pond from my loverly sister)

So, busy busy busy. That's been my life for the past few weeks. I've begun to believe that the MCG medical illustration program is in place not so much to provide dedicated students with Master's degrees, but to weed out the weak members of the human race via an inhumane workload. I'm convinced it's some crazy Darwinian scheme in which the weakest illustrators are mercilessly culled from the herd. Thus far I have managed to survive the process.

I had a perfectly lovely Thanksgiving spent with the wonderful Mr. and Mrs. Heath Trampe at their quaint little apartment in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The chilly weather was a shock to my Southern Climate-acclimated system, but it was bearable (we will ignore the fact that I stayed inside all day covered with blankets - seriously). It was great to see them all settled into married life.

I have spent insane amounts of time at the studio since I last posted. This unfortunate lifestyle has resulted in: A pastier-than-normal complexion. An unnaturally strong aversion to sunlight when first venturing outdoors. A permanent, half-fisted curve to my right hand (what some Friends fans may recognize as "The Claw" - all this illustrating comes at a price...). A refrigerator which only contains an expired half-gallon of milk and some various salad dressings. A purse-full of receipts from cheap eateries. A completely finished 3D animation describing (with narration!) the structure and function of gap junctions in cardiac muscle. A completely finished educational poster illustrating the same thing. A partially finished surgical illustration depicting a tympanoplasty procedure. Two partially started comprehensive exam illustration problems.

My friends and I have managed to stave off the madness by celebrating Alissa's birthday last week and going to a Jump Little Children acoustic concert last weekend. Pictures follow.

The Trampes.

Jump Little Children.

No comments: