So...my job is weird. Most days are spent illustrating some sort of bloody surgical situation or meticulously dissected cadaver. Those are the normal days. Then there are the days when my boss is all "Hey Kristen, I need you to take a really nice photo of a sausage on a fork for this ad I want you to create."
Oh, sure. No problem.
So I was working on an ad for a symposium sort of thing that they're having at the hospital in April. It's about the ketogenic diet, which is a diet used for treating epilepsy and other conditions. It's very high in fats (about 90%) and kind of rewires your brain to send your body into starvation mode (although it's very structured, so the patients are getting sufficient calories). Your body sends all kinds of extra ketones to your brain and in about 2/3 of the patients, seizures are significantly reduced.
ANYway, they had sent us some images they wanted to use for the ad, but they were full-color photos that didn't translate well in black and white (which is what the ad had to be in). So MY job on Thursday and Friday was to create a new image (following this very specific idea my boss had that involved some neurons, some molecules, and - of course - the sausage on a fork).
The fruits (or rather, the meats) of my labor.

You can see the final ad here.
Yeah.
5 comments:
Haha! I do not know what to say to this, but I think the molecules make the sausage look powerful and cool. Superhero sausage!
Yep, that's a sausage alright.
Question: Is it kosher?
Very kewl. Freaky how much medical information you learned just doing this ad huh?
((((snicker))))
Ah yes... but what did you do on Saturday?
Seriously cool, though. :) You're the world's best sausage and molecule artist!!!
Post a Comment