Pull the anchor, cut the ropes
Hey, you remember last year when I thought I figured out how to swim? And then it turned out I didn't really? Well, now I can. For reals. The combination of a kickass new coach and a really amazing book. So that's awesome. I swam 1800 meters on Friday morning. As I was working on 100 meter sets, some old guy got in the lane next to me, apparently intent on "racing" me. Every time I started a new set, he'd SHOOT off the wall and exhaust himself beating me from one end of the pool to the other. Then, when I got to the end to turn around, he'd SHOOT off that wall to beat me back to the start. It was a little annoying. And a little funny because, really? Dude, I'm just swimming laps here.
On Saturday's bike ride, I was chugging up a ginormous hill and got schooled by a couple guys on rollerblades. They breezed by in perfect sync, hands behind their backs, looking for all the world like olympic speed skaters out for a Saturday pleasure stroll. And then they took the subsequent, equally ginormous downhill section like the proverbial bat out of hell. Seriously, how do you even DO that? What if you hit a rock? There's no coming back from that.
I slept for eleven solid hours last night. I think my packed weekly schedule catches up to me on Saturday nights and by 10pm I'm done for. I woke up this morning feeling rested and THAT hasn't happened in, oh, a month.
March looks like it's going to be even busier than February was. I'm going to be volunteering at a local sports complex to raise some money for my fundraising this season. I think I've pretty much tapped out asking friends and family for donations, so I'm trying to find some alternatives. This particular venture might end up being more trouble than it's worth, but I'm giving it a shot.
Speaking of March - tomorrow is March. How is that even possible?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad I know you.
Post a Comment