Thursday, March 08, 2012

Wait, Which Item Are You Talking About Again?

Could you be a little more specific, please?

I recently purchased a replacement shifter for Toofer, my super-fancy used road bike, so I could finally ride it without wanting to stab myself in the eye each time I needed to shift down to my small chainring.

Toofer's got the goods, all fitted out with Dura Ace components, which are niiiiiiiiice components - with the price tag to match. Luckily the 10-year-old bike already had them on it when I bought the frame from K for a very reasonable amount of cheddar last summer. Before I bought it, she mentioned that the left shifter was on its last legs, and that I would want to keep an eye out on eBay for a replacement. Well, even eBay was averaging ridiculous prices, but finally - FINALLY - I snagged a lightly used one for a smokin' deal. It should be on its way to me soon, and Toofer and I can finally end this fight we've been having for the last six months.

After I made the purchase, eBay sent me an email with this exact subject line:

Enjoy your shimano dura ace 7801 front STI shifter left only front double used little !

You're so vague, eBay. I have no idea which shifter you're talking about.

No comments: