Blogger's amazing organizing capacity and nifty layouts wooed me into switching blogs. What can I say - I'm a sucker for organization. And nifty-ness. (and yes, Haley, I can hear you chanting "ocd. ocd. ocd.")
So my life has done a complete 180 in the last week. Here is a comparison list for you.
Augusta: East coast-ish.
Phoenix: West coast-ish.
Augusta: Quirky backyard apartment in residential neighborhood.
Phoenix: Cozy top-floor apartment in the heart of the city.
Augusta: Many disgusting bugs.
Phoenix: No bugs as of yet.
Augusta: Many friends.
Phoenix: No friends.
Augusta: Crazy Saturday Wal-mart crowd.
Phoenix: Crazy Saturday Wal-mart crowd plus surly door greeter.
Augusta: 89 degrees, 94% humidity.
Phoenix: 114 degrees, 17% humidity.
Augusta: Waffle House (or two!) at every interstate exit.
Phoenix: Waffle House at a few interstate exits.
Augusta: Major airport 2 hours away.
Phoenix: Major airport 10 minutes away.
Augusta: Free, noisy, nonadjustable, window box heating/air.
Phoenix: Expensive, quiet, fully-adjustable central heating/air.
Augusta: Less than half of my book collection on hand.
Phoenix: My entire book collection at my fingertips.
Augusta: No job.
Phoenix: Awesome job in the field I love.
Augusta: Familiar and comfortable.
Phoenix: Unfamiliar and lonelyscaryexciting.
So you see, some things are good, some are not-so-great, and some are up for debate. I'm trying to stay positive (and non-crisped by the desert heat).
I have orientation all day tomorrow and Tuesday is my first day of work, so I'm sure I'll have stories galore this week.
Love you all.
************************
excerpt from:
Still (Reprise)
Ben Folds
It’s only change
only everything I know
even the things
that seem still are still changing.
La da la da la da da da da da la da la da da la da da da
La da la da la da da da da da la da la da da la da da da
I stay focused on details
it keeps me from feeling the big things
but watch the microscope long enough
things that seem still are still changing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
FIRST TO COMMENT!!!! HAHAHA! WOO HOOOO!! HELLO!! (HELLO, HELLO echo)
um, Augusta: Pat, Phoenix: SUX!
hence, pat = does not suck
that is all.
True that, yo. True that.
Post a Comment