Sunday, April 20, 2008

Gloves And Hats And Baseball Cats

Oh yes. I said baseball cats. But more on that in a bit.

My friend Dominic (the OLDest friend, actually - he and I were kickin' it when we were 6) was down from Flagstaff on Saturday and invited me to the Diamondbacks game with him and a few of his friends. There were free bobbleheads at the door (since we were among the few lucky first 25,000 people), seats in the upper deck, and a big ol' ice cream from Cold Stone. And it was pretty much all tied up until the 8th inning when the Snakes put up 6 runs and held it 'til the end. Yup, good game.

So, somewhere around the third inning this guy comes walking up the stairs near our row. He's holding a towel-wrapped bundle in his arms. At first I assume it's a baby...but then I see this furry tail hanging out the back. Yeah, some guy snuck a cat into the baseball game. Just....why? I don't... yeah... Sixth inning rolled around and the dude (and his cat) were escorted back down the stairs by a couple security guys. Awesome.

5 comments:

Jo said...

Ummm... that's... weird.

And my dad, step-mom, and sister were also at that game. Cool.

Kristen said...

Your dad doesn't have a cat he likes...um...a lot, does he? ;) Haha!

Jo said...

Nope. Cat, yes. Likes enough to sneak into a game? Not so much.

CSD Faux Finishing said...

Oh. That's...interesting. Great game day story for you. For that guy, not so much.

patrick | steed said...

i can have that bobble-head?

bobbledy bobbledy bobbledy