Monday, August 24, 2009

Reasons I Love My Friend Heath

(there are many)

But I'm just going to give you this one for now. In the 10 years we have known each other, we've established a tradition of sending each other intentionally crappy cards. Whatever the occasion, be it Valentine's Day or Octember Thrifteenth, the unfortunate rejects of the greeting card aisle make their way across the country to grace each others mailboxes with laughter and mirth.

This year for my birthday I received a kitten-themed gem of a card involving profanity and references to cat bodily fluids. In addition to the usual hilarious snarkitude penned inside, Heath bid me farewell thusly:

Indeed, this profanity-laced little number is from Hallmark, right between the perennially popular "hot guys" cards and the "lady with big jugs" cards. What an industry! I got one for you AND my two-year-old nephew. :)

May all your birthdays be excellent and all your cats be spayed or neutered. It is Bob Barker's greatest dream.


Love,
Heath

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Kristen, you know you always come out the victor in this department. Case in point: a birthday card with hair. THAT was a one of a kind day. Can't wait for Thanksgiving!