Saturday, December 12, 2009

On The Twelfth K Of Christmas,

I crossed the finish line.

Today was the first annual 12k's of Christmas run. It was held at the park where some friends and I usually do our weekly long runs, so we just did the race today instead. The weather was perfect for running and holiday spirit was definitely in the air. Every participant got a Santa hat to wear during the race and there were carolers at every kilometer marker - a nice change from the usual Saturday morning running routine and a great little taste of Christmas out here in the desert.

Oh, and if I had been competing in the 70-75 age group, I totally would have won my division. ;)

1 comment:

patrick | steed said...

I was about to leave a comment, when all of a sudden, I noticed that the word verification was "halla." So now that's all I'm posting.

Halla.