by Arthur Golden
So I just finished writing the first draft of the narration for my Master's project (which is titled "Dynamic Visualization of the Respiratory Alveoli and the Blood-air Barrier" in case you were wondering). And that's what I have done. That's it. Out of a several-minute long multimedia presentation that I will have to present to my advisory committee before March 31st. This whole "self-guided study" thing doesn't mesh well with my procrastinating ways. I need deadlines. I crave deadlines.
It's raining right now. I love rainy nights (and rainy days, in moderation). There's something about the rain that makes me want to curl up on my couch with a book and drink hot peppermint tea. Although, for some reason, I never want to read new books when it's rainy. I want books I've read before - old, comfortable, friendly books. On snowy days I will always be compelled to read Anne of Green Gables. Always. Maybe because I remember my Mom sitting on the heating vents in our living room on snowy nights reading (re-reading) that book when I was little. And maybe because it will forever remind me of Aunnee. Either way, it always brings those warm, cozy memories and the inevitable daydreams of finding my very own Gilbert Blythe.
But it's not snowing, so I'm not reading Anne of Green Gables right now. I'm reading Memoirs of a Geisha and an article titled "The Mechanism of Lung Volume Change during Mechanical Ventilation." Awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment