Um. Yeah. So. I've sat here for a good solid five minutes trying to decide how best to describe what I'm feeling right now. I've decided I can't come up with an appropriate description...only that it is some strange combination of that feeling you get when you're about to go over the first drop on a roller coaster, that sort of happiness that makes you want to run around a parked car waving lit sparklers and shrieking "ay yai yai" at the top of your lungs (Scrubs? Anyone? The episode where Turk proposes to Carla over and over? Anyway...), and a dazed unreality. I finished my classes today. Wow. I just....yeah.... not so much with the words right now.
We had a "wrapping it all up" class this morning with each of the three professors doing a final short lecture on a topic. Then we had a Master's Project Showcase where we presented our projects to a crowd of people. I did well until I blanked on the word "disorders" while answering a question at the end of my presentation and stared at the sea of faces with eyes that must have betrayed my inner terror while desperately trying to come up with the word. That's fun. Not embarrassing at all. I'm sure it wasn't as bad as it seemed at the moment, but you know.
Graduation next Friday. Neat.
We went to the airport in Atlanta and welcomed Alissa's husband with tacky American paraphernalia as he immigrated to the US from Holland on Wednesday. We got lots of weird looks. I can't imagine why.
No comments:
Post a Comment