Vertigo
Ah, I must first and foremost explain this amazing picture to your left. We medical illustration grad students, as a group, are the coolest people you'll ever meet. Factual proof is displayed by exhibit A: this photo. We were given the job of taking a class picture to put up on the official MCG website. Classes in the past were boring and took the ubiquitous "standing in two rows by the [insert campus landmark here]" picture. But we, the class of 2006, wanted to be just a bit different. So we hiked a mile back along the Savannah river until we came to a clearing where we proceeded to take several pictures including: us standing in a line, one behind the other, from shortest (Diantha at 5'3'') to tallest (Mike K. at 6'4'') leaning in such a way that all you could see were our heads; all of us peeking out from behind a giant tree; and the picture you see before you. This was the winning pose which we fondly call our "rockstar pose." Think of any CD cover that involves a photo of all the band members - one person, usually the lead singer, is gazing broodingly into the camera as the other members stand about in various stages of disinterest and introspection. In this scene, I am playing the role of the lead singer. See? See how we're cool?
Right, so anyway, today was one of those crazy days where I was insanely busy but got nothing accomplished. The morning and afternoon hours were spent in search of a dress for Emily who will be attending her boyfriend's military ball next month. She found a gorgeous dress...and ah he'ped (say this with a thick southern accent). We ate lunch/supper - lupper, if you will - at Chili's (we being me, Alissa, Emily, and Mike P). Then I went to the school and spent the evening hours doing some actual school work. I managed to get surprisingly little accomplished.
I guess the only other big new would be...wait...what am I saying? This isn't big news - this is huge...gigantic...enormous....GINORMOUS news! I, Kristen of Apartment #2 (doesn't have quite the ring to it that Anne of Green Gables does...) will be spending my spring break iiiiiiiin.......AMSTERDAM!!! Yay for cheap plane tickets and student loans! Alissa's boyfriend is from there, so we will stay with him and have a jolly good time. That's all my news!
Happy Birthday to my wonderful Mom!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment