Friday, July 14, 2006

Hey, guess what? I don't suck!

Who knew?

So today was the first day I actually had to show a neurosurgeon drawings of a surgical procedure. My drawings of his procedure. Um, scary? I had these elaborate scenarios playing through my head before he showed up at my office to go over the sketches; most of them involved me (and my drawings) being either laughed at or mercilessly scorned by the towering, fearsome neurosurgeon.

Luckily my overactive (and self-deprecating) imagination isn't to be relied upon. Dr. Chang was neither mocking nor scornful (...Nor towering - I kind of towered over him). We introduced ourselves, he looked over the sketches and seemed really pleased with what I'd drawn, gave me a few suggestions and told me to have at the finals. Sweet. AND, on an even cooler note, apparently he stopped by my boss' office on his way out and said "she's really good!" (insert mental image of me breathing on my fingernails and polishing them smugly on my shirt)

Everyone needs a little validation now and then.

It's 115 degrees out and I'm making chili for supper. Mmmmm.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah like there was a ever a doubt you sucked. CONGRATS though! I'm so proud of you - you never cease to amaze me. Ok enough mush. Love you though - htd xxxx

Kristen said...

So you're saying you always knew I sucked? Sheesh, thanks. Such sisterly love. (sorry, had to give you grammar crap. You know me; it's what I do. I know what you were actually saying...I hope... ;-))

Anonymous said...

okay leave me alone...i'm tired and tend to have poor grammar in this state.

Anonymous said...

Hey I want in on the fun! My grammar sucks! Hey Kristen make fun of me!!!! Hey get this Kris....your funny! Haley what state are you in?

Kristen said...

Andrea Catherine Trampe, it hurts me...it physically hurts me. Why would you do such a thing? Intentionally, even? (PS - you made me laugh. And you do realize Haley was talking about being in a "tired" state, right? That was her physical state at the moment. She's not actually IN a U.S. state renouned for it's poor grammar. You got that, right?) :) I love you.

Kristen said...

(I meant "renowned." Renouned isn't even a word. It's not like you can noun someone, let alone do it again. Anyway.)

Anonymous said...

Yes, Kristen I realize Haley IS not in a different country. I was trying to be funny, but never mind.